For Members | Report a ClaimIt is essential that you notify the AMS RRG Claims Office of any of the following events.
- A demand for money
- A verbal or written threat of legal action
- A legal document naming you as a defendant or witness in a claim or lawsuit involving your care and treatment of a patient
- An attorney’s notice or letter of intent
- A request for arbitration
- A request for deposition or interview regarding your care and treatment of a patient
- A subpoena, summons, complaint, notice of a lawsuit, or small claims court notice addressed to you in a lawsuit involving your care and treatment of a patient
Identify your Policy Type
The first step is to determine what type of policy you have with AMS RRG and what type of claim you wish to report. There are two common policies purchased by our insured physicians for differing reasons: one allows the reporting of probable claim events in addition to claims, and the other allows for the reporting of claims only.
No matter which policy form you have purchased through AMS RRG, our Risk Management services are available to you and your practices.
Notify AMS RRG in a Timely Manner
Your policy requires that you file any report to AMS RRG as soon as possible.
- Immediately forward by priority mail or fax the copies of any written demand, notice, summons or other process you have received to:
Best Practices Insurance Services
101 E. Park Blvd.,
Plano, TX 75074-8811
Fax: (817) 704-4291
- We must receive your report in writing. Reports by phone are NOT accepted as a report of a claim.
- Do not engage your own attorney.
- Do not make any admission of liability, assume any obligation, make any payment, incur any expenses or agree to arbitration.
- Do not make any agreement with your patient or your patient’s attorney.
- As soon as practicable thereafter, send any other information that may be requested by AMS RRG to the above address.
- Do not discuss the case with anyone other than an AMS RRG claims attorney and/or your assigned counsel.
- If your policy form allows for the reporting of probable claim events, print, fill in, and fax the following form to our claims office to report the probable claim event in writing.
Click here for our Report a Probable Claim Event Form
Call for Assistance
For questions regarding reporting a claim, potential claim or for Risk Management Assistance, please contact:
Susan Martin, Esq.
Phone: (866) 520-6896
Fax: (817) 704-4291